Use WEL-CHLOR PLUS to:
- Disinfect and sanitize new and old water wells and systems
- Control algae, fungi and bacteria (including slime-forming, iron, and sulfate-reducing bacteria)
How to use WEL-CHLOR PLUS:
To disinfect old and new wells use about 5 ounces of WEL-CHLOR PLUS per 100 gallons of water in the well (which will result in a concentration of 200 ppm; see table for calculations)
Pre-mix WEL-CHLOR PLUS with water in a container outside the well and allow it to dissolve. Add the solution through the water-level access hole or other opening between casing and column pipe, or through discharge.
Agitate the solution in the well every few hours for eight hours. This helps ensure even mixing, helps treat more of the well and pushes the chemical further into the formation. Pump or bail the hole clean. Then test for bacteria. After treatment, the initial water contains residual chemical and should be thoroughly diluted and pumped to waste.
For best results:
- Clean the well both mechanically and chemically prior to WEL-CHLOR PLUS treatment. Brush the well with the Cotey well cleaning brush. This allows WEL-CHLOR PLUS to have more uniform access into the formation.
- Premix an amount of water and WEL-CHLOR PLUS solution that would approximate three times the volume of water in the well. It may be necessary to make several smaller batches. To achieve a concentration of 200 ppm, add about 5 ounces of WEL-CHLOR PLUS per 100 gallons of water in the mixing tank.
- Add this solution to the well and agitate every few hours for eight hours. Then pump or bail the hole clean.
To disinfect equipment, use about one ounce of WEL-CHLOR PLUS per 20 gallons of water. Allow the equipment to soak in the solution for one hour. Thoroughly dilute waste and dispose of properly.
Note: Always disinfect equipment before moving to another well to prevent accidental contamination of other wells.
|Water (gallons)||Granular Calcium Hypochlorite (65% available chlorine)||Sodium Hypochlorite (household bleach) (5% available chlorine)||Sodium Hypochlorite (10% available chlorine)||Chlorine Enhancer|
|1||0.04 ozs.||0.13 fluid ounces||0.25 fluid ounces||0.06 ozs|
|125||5 ozs.||½ gallon||1 quart||7.5 ozs|
|250||10 ozs.||1 gallon||½ gallon||15 ozs|
|500||20 ozs. (1 lb 4 ozs.)||2 gallons||1 gallon||30 ozs (1 lb 14 ozs)|
|1000||40 ozs. (2 lbs 8 ozs.)||4 gallons||2 gallon||60 ozs (3 lbs 12 ozs)|
How to dispose of WEL-CHLOR PLUS:
Waste testing < 50 ppm of residual chlorine presents no hazard to crops whereas the susceptibility of fish ranges from 0.1 to 5.0 ppm, depending on pH, dissolved oxygen, temperature and synergism/antagonism of other pollutants. Well waste, after treatment, should therefore not be pumped into streams and, if pumped on fields, should be checked for chlorine concentration or thoroughly diluted. Cotey Chemical recommends that waste be pumped to sewage, barrow ditches for natural evaporation, or to local pits for evaporation and consequent filling, provided infiltration will not contaminate a local aquifer. In all cases waste should be thoroughly diluted. (Local, State and Federal regulations should be adhered to.)
DO NOT MIX WEL-CHLOR PLUS WITH OTHER CHEMICALS EXCEPT CHLORINE ENHANCER
When using WEL-CHLOR PLUS, wear eye goggles or safety glasses.
WEL-CHLOR PLUS is a strong oxidizer, thus skin or eyes should be flushed with water if contact occurs and medical attention should be secured, particularly for the eyes. Avoid breathing spray or mist. If ingested, drink large amounts of liquid such as water. Seek immediate medical aid. Do not induce vomiting!
Contact with materials other than water may cause fire or explosion. Separate from other COTEY CHEMICAL PRODUCTS.
Do not mix with other chemicals. Do not change containers.
WEL-CHLOR PLUSis packaged in 10-lbs. and 50-lbs. containers.