1. Is it safe to mix WEL-CHLOR and WEL-CHLOR Plus?
Answer: No, although both products produce hypochlorous acid, mixing them can produce an explosive substance.
2. What is the difference between WEL-CHLOR and WEL-CHLOR Plus?
Answer: WEL-CHLOR Plus is made up of a different chemical than WEL-CHLOR. WEL-CHLOR Plus is more effective at killing bacteria, more stable, has a superior shelf life, and is pH neutral.
3. How often should well maintenance be performed?
Answer: Regularly. Every well is unique, but a general guideline is annual maintenance allows for removal of plugging material when it is thinner and softer.
4. What is the best practice procedure for rehabilitation of a water well?
Answer: a. Gather information: video the well, analyze the well water and a scale sample.
b. Pre-Clean: Use a brush or percussion tool to loosen deposits, remove any loose material with a bailer or lift
c. Chemical treatment: Add the premixed chemical to the well, agitate aggressively with a brush or surge block
d. Monitor: Check the pH. If the pH is above 3.0, add more chemical.
e. Dispose of the waste appropriately
f. Develop the well: Remove any undissolved material.
5. Can I leave the chemical treatment in the well longer than the recommended time?
Answer: A few hours of extra chemical contact time should not result in any issues. Contact Cotey Chemical for specific circumstances.